Mississippi Dyslexia Centers offer psycho-educational evaluations for students and adults to determine dyslexia, academic achievement, mental ability, and ADHD. Assessment batteries are tailored to the individual's needs. All test materials are norm-referenced and compared to other individuals by age.
• Intellectual tests measure the individual's overall learning potential. Intellectual evaluations may include verbal concept formation, nonverbal reasoning, working memory, and processing speed.
• Achievement tests will help determine strengths and weakness mainly in the following areas: Word Recognition, Reading Comprehension, Decoding, Reading Fluency, Math Reasoning, Math Calculation, Listening Comprehension, and Written Expression.
• Dyslexia is a language-based reading disorder which is characterized by difficulty reading or decoding words. If testing for dyslexia, a comprehensive evaluation of the individual's phonological processing is included.
• An individual's ability to understand and communicate language skills may be screened. If the student's language ability appears to be deficient, further evaluation may be recommended for an evaluation with a speech and language pathologist.
• Computerized performance testing may also be included to help in the assessment of ADHD. The Quotient ADHD Test is a FDA-cleared technology for objective measurement aiding in the assessment of attention deficit hyperactivity disorder. It measures motion and analyzes shifts in attention state to give an assessment of the core symptom areas of ADHD: Hyperactivity, Impulsivity, and Inattention.
To request an evaluation please fill out this form or call one of our centers.